An award and a speech!

I opened the mail as soon as I returned from office, and saw a comment on the previous post by Jayasree. It said she had a surprise for me in her blog! I hoped it was....was it....and YES! It is my first blog award from a dear fellow blogger!

Jayasree, thank you so much for giving me such a nice send off gift. You just kicked off my vacation on a happy note! This award was started by Roopa of My kitchen treats here. Am so glad to find one coming my way!

Hmmmm.... there are some rules to this award;

1. the first one being that one should give a write up on his/her favourite dessert. My favourite desserts are:

Sizzling brownie with ice cream, and rasgullas.

The sizzling brownie I like because it announces that its coming with a sound and a heavenly aroma of burnt chocolate. which gets me ready for digging into it. And then, who doesn't like brownies?

Rasgullas are an all time favourite. I really cannot decide between rasgulla and sandesh but I had to choose! I like their flavour, and the chewy texture, as also the fact that they are low fat and quick to make. Check out the ones I made here.

2. Now I go on to the difficult task of choosing only 4 yummylicious blogs. The award should be passed around to other deserving blogs, but only 4:

Here are some blogs where I go for a visit and get stuck:

(i) Vaishali of Holy cow - I love her passion, dedication, yummy creations and the fact that they are vegan.

(ii)Anjali Damerla of The Supreme Spice blog - I love the nutritious food I find there supplemented with useful tit bits on ayurveda.

(iii) Rachel of Tangerine's kitchen hideout for the awesome recipes.

and

(iv) Srivalli of Cooking 4 all seasons for the meals and the melas!

Here is your logo. Such a pleasure that I could pass it on to you all:


Rules for the ‘Yummy Blog’ award Receiver:

The person who receives the award should display the "Yummy Blog !" logo on their blog and also the meaning of the award which is "Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos".·The receiver should also quote their favorite yummylicious :) dessert(s) that they have ever prepared/eaten. Don’t restrict yourself to any dessert, chocolate bars also welcome.·Also the receiver should pass on the award to four other bloggers whose blog they find "yummy" and let them know about the rules.

Update on 06.05.08

Vaishali of Holy Cow, has returned the award back to me as she felt I really deserved it - Thanks Vaishali, I am honoured!

This time I shall give it away to my favourite international blogs.

1. To Aran of Cannelle et Vanille for her yummy bakes - Would give anything to taste those magical delights she creates!

2. To Happyhomebaking again for her delightful cakes, and muffins - She was the first ever commentator on my blog on my first post and I am passing this on to her with great pleasure...I just hope she picks this one up as I noticed that she doesn't participate in blog events!

3. To Tartelette for the wonderful times I spend at her blog staring at her creations! BTW, I have a tween, not a teen - that is for her 'correct' insight that my name is sunshinemom because I do not have teenagers - you were so right! :)

4. To Susan of Wild Yeast for the yeasty pleasure she gives me and for those great tutorials too, Thanks Susan!

All done! Do read the rules above. While it gave me pleasure to choose you gals for the yummy blogs, I am also enjoying the dilemma you will have while deciding to choose your favourites among so many yummylicious blogs! Enjoy :)

Labels: