Announcing - Food In Colors - January 2009


January and February are beautiful months - My window sill becomes my favourite haunt as I hear the excited chirps of diverse winged visitors. The speckled starlings visit me in noisy groups and create quite a racket, but their sharp whistles sound like music after the silent autumn. I wait - for the red cheeked bulbul as he sings with his mate in unison, the magpie robin looking handsome in his black and white streaked coat, and the elegant fantail tooting its prescence! I can almost feel them calling out to me to join their joy in welcoming the Spring! Ah! If only I could fly like a bird!!

As a tribute to Spring 'Food In Colors' goes yellow all January - the color of warmth and joy! I invite you all to join me in this celebration. Yellow in food offers a multitude of choices so please confine yourselves to the 'yellow spectrum' - no bending towards cream or brown!

I had invited fellow bloggers to host future FICs, and my mail has been flooded - thank you so much for your enthusiasm. Many of you had some preferred color choices! I am sorry that you may not be able to host only a particular color as earlier hosts might choose it, and afterall food does not permit the entire spectrum unless of course you are adventurous in your cooking and ready to use food colors! I rarely use them so my range is limited - Maybe I will just leave the adventure to guest hosts:). Meanwhile I have compiled the list of future hosts below for our mutual reference:
Thank you for your interest and counting on your continued enthusiasm:).

The rules:

Cook and post between 1st and 31st of January, 2009 - please do not make reposts.

2. Send in any vegetarian dish (No eggs),

3. Raw vegetables are not allowed except if used as such in salads or juices etc.,

4. If your food is cooked from any other blog or site please link your post with the name of the blog/site rather than 'here',

5. Please link your post to this post announcing the event,

6. Email me at - sunshinemomsblog(at)gmail(dot)com, replacing the (at) with @ and (dot) with . alongwith these details
6. If you do not have a blog, just email the recipe and a picture.