Gojavalakki

When I read this recipe at Ramya's Mane Adige, I recalled my Mom mentioning it during my last visit. It seemed to be a craze in Bangalore, with all my Athais/Paternal Aunts having adopted it as a staple breakfast. The recipe is quite similar to Puli Avil Mummy makes except that the avil gets run in the mixer before going into the dish. Apparently thats the only difference.....I loved the lookThe taste, and the fact that it gets done in a jiffy - ideal for the kids short break. I am not going to reproduce the recipe as I have not altered much except for using less than recommended portions of jaggery and tamarind. Go over to Ramya's for the wonderful recipe :)I was happy that my son could make out the ingredients that went in without my saying anything, and that everyone liked it! Also happy to have discovered another quick short break idea:) Thanks, Ramya!

I am sending this for the July edition of MBP, originated by Coffee of the Spice Cafe. This month's theme is "Less is more", guest hosted by Nupur of 'One Hot Stove'. The basic ingredients are poha (Beaten Rice Flakes), jaggery, tamarind and rasam powder (I gave this a miss). The rest of the ingredients qualify as seasonings.

The last date for the event is 25.07.08, so hurry up if you want to send one. Nupur says she is a prompt girl, so no excuses for late entrants:)

Labels: , , ,