Time flies so soon, I did not realize that my turn to host the most loved phtography event had already come but here it is and I welcome you all to send in your entries.
'Does My Blog Look Good In This' (DMBLGIT
), conceived by Andrew of SpittoonExtra
is a well attended and much awaited monthly food photography event that is open to all bloggers
who have posted a photograph with a food or drink connection. Food bloggers submit their best photos from posts they completed during the previous month
which are then judged and scored by a team of three handpicked judges. Winners are made covering three categories (edibility, aesthetics, and originality) plus three overall winners
. The August edition was hosted by Jeanne of Cooksister
. Congrats to the winners!
Here are the rules (Thanks, Jeanne!):
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog during August 2010.
- The deadline to submit your entry is 25 September 2010 at midnight, Indian Standard Time.
- A panel of judges will assess the quality of all of the entries before eventually selecting winners from the pictures. There will be winners in the following categories:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: Does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
- Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think "wow, I never thought of photographing it like that before!"
- Overall Winner: the photograph that scores the highest when individual scores for Aesthetics, Edibility and Originality are added up.
- Results will be announced on 1st October 2010.
How can you join in?
- Draft an e-mail with DMBLGIT in the subject line.
- Attach one qualifying food or drink photo, preferably 350 pixels in width.
- Include the following:
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The title of the image/what it is
- The URL of the post where the photo first appeared
- The camera you used
- Send an email with the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that by submitting a photo, entrants agree to their photo being redisplayed and altered in size on the host's page and on the SpittoonExtra DMBLGiT page.
- I have created a gallery in Picasa where I will be adding your photos within 48hrs of submission. I will also acknowledge your email. If you do not receive an acknowledgment within 48hrs. please leave a message in the comment section of this post.
If you would like to host an edition of DMBLGIT, please look up here for hosting instructions.
Labels: Blog events, DMBLGIT, Non-food post