Recipes for the rest of us is aimed at introducing newbies to the joy of cooking. Started by Ramki of One Page Cookbooks
, this event focuses on very simple, fool proof recipes. When Ramki invited me to host "recipes for the rest of us", an event guest hosted by various bloggers each month, I was happy to accept and chose my theme as "starters
", as this is my favourite course of any feast!
1. Cook anything vegetarian, eggless and simple
, and post the recipe on your blog.
2. Multiple entries / archived entries welcome
. However, do edit the archived post to include a link to this post and One Page Cookbooks
3. Include the logo in your post if you wish.
4. Please send an e-mail to sunshinemom(at)gmail(dot)com with the following details on or before 20th APRIL 2009.* Subject Line: Recipes for the rest of us : Starters
* Blog author:
* Blog name:
* Dish Name:
* URL of the post:
6. The roundup of would be posted a week after the event closes.
7. Updated: Non-bloggers are welcome to participate. You just have to send your recipes with pictures measuring either 300 in width or height to the above mentioned email id with your name, the name of the dish and location.
Note :1. Please avoid exact measurements. Please use very simple measurements like a handful or a pinch.
2. Please avoid complicated steps.If the recipe takes over 5 steps to prepare, it would not be suitable for this event.
3. Please avoid recipes demanding a good deal of manual skill.
4. Please avoid recipes demanding fancy kitchen equipment.
5. In short, it should be something a ten year old kid should be able to cook up.
The event is on from 20.03.09 to 20.04.09.
I was to do this announcement on 19th, but I lost track of time!! My apologies to Ramki about that.
Labels: Blog event - RFRU