No cook Ooey Gooey Vegan Chocolate Pudding!

vegan chocolate pudding



The other day my son asked "Mama, where is the stapler?". He needed it for a project at school. I answered "Where it always is - in the second drawer of the dresser in my bedroom." "Which one? LHS or RHS?" quips my son. He is proud of his newfound knowledge handed down by my daughter who has started 'balancing chemical equations' at school. Now! this has always been a teaser for me. I replied - "The dresser on Daddy's side of the bed."

I have never been comfortable with 'left' and 'right'. Invariably when I travel in an auto, I point to the right and keep screaming "Left, Bhaiya! Bola na, left mein lo! Right kyon liya?" [Left, bro! Did I not say left? Why did you take a right? - Bhaiya in Hindi means 'brother' and it is the safest way to address any stranger! It is not offending unless you are a PYT in which case you will get a tick off from the 'bhaiya' immediately!]. He grumbles "Ladies logon ko direction batana nahi aata - barabar bola usne" ["He was right, ladies never know to give directions"]. Who he? Mr.John Gray - a household name these days - who has branded us forever as "Women from Venus". I am curious to know whether you too are like me? Are ladies really like this? Not too sure about the direction thing, but yes! I am sure ladies are from Venus.

This post has LOTS to do with the above! I can't explain the logic of the mind but one thing led another and the few leads that brought me here were like this:

"VENUS - ROMAN GODDESS OF LOVE - APHRODITE - GREEK GODDESS OF LOVE - APHRODISIAC - CHOCOLATE"

That is what this post is all about! An ooey gooey yummy chocolate pudding my son made under my supervision. It is easy, quick, no mess, no cook, child safe - isn't that tempting? This is a perfect dish to make with your kids - just try it and let them bask in the glory of creating a simple and tasty dish! I found this delicious recipe here sometime back. I loved the picture and decided on it. I made a few changes here and there but the recipe essentially remains the same. You would like a RAW vegan version - this one is from Lara's blog, and I found some really yummy vegan recipes there!

UPDATE: I seem to have made a mistake in the reference of the recipe earlier. I found this one at about.com here.

Ingredients:
1 block silken firm Mori-nu tofu (12.3oz)
1/3 cup + 1 tsp. - cocoa powder
About 1/2 cup caster sugar
UPDATED - A small yellow ripe banana

Method:

Drain the tofu for at least 15 minutes, and wrap in a cloth for another 15 minutes to drain the water completely.

Cut into big chunks.

Place all the ingredients in a mixie jar and blend. See! We scooped up some in our fingers and licked it straight:)

chocolate IS sexy!


Refrigerate for an hour in ramekins or wine goblets and serve garnished with toasted almonds or apricots!

VERDICT:
Jr. P is elated, and the family is satisfied with the rich dessert! Chocolate is an aphrodisiac, and when it is vegan - well!! It goes to Vaishali of Holy Cow! for her event on 'Vegan Desserts', and to Madhuram of Eggless Cooking for 'Egg replacements - silken tofu'.



Vegan chocolate pudding

Labels: , , , , ,