Hara Paneer Tikka and a couple of awards:)


The hara paneer tikka featured here was specially made in time for the May Monthly Mingle of Appetizers & Hors'doeuvres hosted by Mansi Desai of Fun and Food Blog - do go over the link for the round up of the event - It's a feast out there! For reasons I already detailed here these could not be posted in time. This is an item I innovated in compulsion instead of my usual paneer tikkas - since P bought 2 big bunches of corainder, and 1 bunch of mint! It turned out refreshingly tasty, and even my son (P Jr.) kept asking for more:), and what's more - this one is the simplest appetizer I have made!

Paneer: I used whole milk to prepare the paneer as I had done here but set it in a tube so that a cylindrical block of paneer was formed, which I later cut into 1/2cm thick roundels. This time I sprinkled about 1/4tsp. of spiced garlic powder and added 1/2 tsp. salt to the milk. The paneer had a very light garlic flavor. Poke each paneer piece with a fork once. I got the idea of spiced paneer from Arundathi here.

Marinade:
Coriander – approx. 3 cups
Mint – 5 to 6 leaves
Malai/Thick hung yogurt (Should not be sour)– 1 tsp.
Green chilli – 1
Salt to taste
Water – as needed
Grind all the ingredients to get a smooth chutney like mixture.

Assembling:
Toss the paneer gently in the marinade so that each paneer roundel gets coated well with the coriander mixture and let it marinate for 3 to 4 hrs in the fridge. Remove at the time of serving and heat so that the paneer is just warm. Remove onto another dish as the chutney will melt a little causing liquid to ooze. Serve.

Warmed after marinating
____________________________________________________________________

I was touched and honoured to receive the rockin' girl blogger award from Easycrafts of Simple Indian Food. Thank you so much:).

I pass this token of my appreciation to:
Sandeepa of Bong Mom's Cookbook and
Zlamushka of Zlamushka's spicy kitchen,
____________________________________________________________________

Simran of Bombay Foodie made my day with this award!

It makes me happy that reading my blog makes your day too...it is mutual:) I love your Colaba musings too:).
I pass on this one to:
Jayasree of Experiments in Kailas Kitchen
Hetal of Isha's Kitchen

Please accept these as a token of my appreciation and excuse my really slow replies as I am still facing net disruptions every now and then:(

Labels: , ,