Mix fruit - Khao gali se



This post is going to be a quickie! I have been making this punch year after year regularly, because;

All you needs is 2 mangoes (I prefer alphonso), 1/2 an apple, 1/2 a banana, a few raisins, 3 or 4 chopped roasted cashews or almonds, 1 date chopped and you could add just about anything else you like.

The mangoes I used were perfectly right, so I did not add sugar or cream.

Cut, and scoop out the mango pulp. Chop the other fruits. Buzz the scooped pulp in a blender. Add the chopped fruits and nuts and serve chilled.

I cannot recall the name of the juice shop. It is the first one in Khao gali (Foodie's lane) and calls it mix fruit. It costs about Rs.40/- for one full beer mug, and is a favourite with ladies who fast (during most periods of fasting, people in India live on fruits and do not eat grains, or vegetables).

I make this because it is a power punch and serves as a good substitute to my after noon tea when I feel too hot for tea!

This simple, vitamin packed punch goes to Andrew of SpittoonExtra, who is hosting this month's edition of Waiter! There's something in my...dried fruits and nuts" event, hosted alternately by Jeanne of Cook Sister!, Andrew of SpittoonExtra and Johanna Wagner of The Passionate Cook.

Labels: , , , , , ,