Paneer Bhurji - Scrambled Cottage Cheese



I am one huge 'paneer' fan and I know I am not alone!! (Tell me why you love paneer - that will be my new excuse for next Monday's paneer recipe!)

I love the aroma, the silky smooth feel of fresh cottage cheese on my fingers, and its grainy feeling in my tongue!! Oh! So divine!!

See my paneer section for more recipes (only one right now!), and how to make paneer at home! Now for the ritual 'a little about' section - I must get some new facts this time!!

Do try making paneer at home - its worth it! Here's the most common and easiest paneer recipe - you don't need to even get the shape right!! You guessed it - it is 'paneer bhurji'!!

Ingredients:
Paneer / cottage cheese - from 1l cow's milk - How to make it?
(Crumble to resemble bread crumbs)
Onion - 2 medium sized (Chopped ffffine!)
Tomatoes - 2 medium sized (Chpped roughly)
Ginger - An inch - grated
Garlic - 3 pods grated (I haven't used it)
Oil - 1tbsp.
Salt - to taste
Green chillies - As you like it - chopped fine or slit lengthwise!- I used 1 small halved.
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Ajwain / Carom seeds - 1 tsp.
Saunf / Aniseeds - 1/2tsp.
Red chilli powder - As you like it - I used 1tsp.
Haldi / Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp.
Dhania / Coriander leaves - 2tbsp. (Chopped roughly)

Method:
1. Heat oil. Crackle cumin seeds and ajwain. Add green chillies, garlic and ginger. Saute till the garlic turns brown. Add saunf followed by onions.
2. Saute till onions turn transparent or brown - the way you love them.



3. Add tomatoes and salt.



4. Cook till it starts leaving the juice.



5. Add crumbled paneer, chilli powder, turmeric powder and little sambar powder (Optional) and cook till well blended.

Serving:
Garnish with coriander (squeeze half a lime if you like it tangy) and serve immediately with any flat bread. It is tasty as a sandwich filling also.

You can add a tbsp to your sprouts salad like I did in my son's short break healthy snack!



Quick easy and tasty!!

Labels: , , ,