Dosa with chinese filling for dosa mela

I made these on the same day as the potato stuffed dosa. This was specially for my daughter as she loves trying out new recipes, and it gives me great pleasure to see her enjoy them. She is an athletic girl and naturally needs lots of veggies and good food to keep her going, so this was her 'short break' that day.

Ingredients:

For the dosa batter please click here.

Ingredients for the filling: (Filling is only for 2 to 3 dosas)
Carrots and green bell peppers (Julienned) - A handful each
Fresh cottage cheese (Paneer) - Cut into strips like the veggies
Tomato ketchup - 1 drop
Soya sauce - About 1/4tsp.
Pepper & ajinomoto - a pinch each (Optional - I did not use them)

Method:
For the filling:
1. Heat a tsp. of oil and saute the vegetables till just done and crunchy. I normally steam them in the microwave. Add the paneer and sauces and saute for a minute. Remove and cool.




Preparing the dosas:
1. Heat a pan, and smear with half teaspoon oil with the help of a halved potato or onion if needed. mine is non-stick so I don't follow the first step.

2. Pour a ladle of the batter and spread it from the centre of the pan in a circular motion till the batter is thinned out. I keep mine a little thicker than paper dosa if I am stuffing it, as it helps the dosa hold the filling better.

3. Cook on medium fire pouring 1/2 tsp. oil on the rims of the dosa till it turns brown. If you want even browning like in hotels mix a tsp. of sugar in the batter.

4. Flip the dosa with a pancake turner and cook the other side till it just changes colour. Flip again and spread a little of the stuffing on one half. Fold over the other half. Remove and set it on an absorbent paper. Serve immediately with mint chutney or just as it is. Since the stuffing is tangy, this dosa does not require any accompaniment.

She tells me it was tasty even though it had turned cold by the time she had it, and she would like it again. My husband too liked the one bite he got - I had made only few as his favourite traditional 'potato stuffing' was waiting for its turn to entice us!

This is also my one of my contributions to Srivalli for her dosa mela!

Labels: , , , ,